The Addictions Program of Flying Dust is designed to assist and give band members of Flying Dust options on how to deal with many addictions. A couple of these options are: entering treatment facilities within the Province of Saskatchewan taking time for yourself and leaving the environment that’s making you use, or one-on-one counselling with Vince Kytwayhat.
There are Four (4) steps on applying to a treatment centre:
- Come to the clinic and help Vince fill out the necessary application to the treatment centres.
- Band member must fill out the medical form from a certified health nurse or doctor from the application.
- Once the medical form is filled out and handed back to Vince, he will then start faxing away the application to the treatment centres.
- Patiently wait for a reply from the centre(s).
If they don’t want to go to treatment, they can have one on one sessions with Vince in his office and go through their options:
- Offer counselling
- Offer support where needed to members as well as band staff.
- Open door policy.
- Support letters when they are needed.
- Someone to confide in without fearing judgement.
- Supply cultural items such as cloth and or tobacco when needed.
- Offer some cultural advice when asked.