Flying Dust First Nation Administration Department is seeking a professional, highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of the Human Resource Manager in the Administration Division. The HR Manager will report directly to the Band Manager and will be responsible for oversight of the HR function at FDFN including recruitment and selection, human resource policy and procedures and supporting the set up and implementation of performance management and professional development. The HR Manager contributes to the success of the Nation by fostering and supporting development of positive work environment and work relationships, promoting constructive communication, encouraging skill development and teamwork.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and communicate Human Resources administration policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation such as Canada Labour Code, The Saskatchewan Employment Standards, Human Rights Legislation.
- Knowledge of current employment law matters, with a strong commitment to diversity.
- Coach and educate FDFN management on Human Resources policies and procedures to help ensure consistent and equitable application.
- Serve as line of contact and primary resource for information and interpretation of Flying Dust First Nation Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on an annual basis to guarantee they support the Nations long and short-term goals.
- Oversee an effective recruitment and selection function for FDFN, developing procedure and ensuring they are consistently followed.
- Provide support and/or training to hiring managers on all aspects of recruitment and assist in interviews as required to provide expertise on unbiased and equitable practices.
- Knowledge and experience with automated software applications and HR Systems.
- Effective communication (including writing, verbal, strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills) with individuals at all levels.
- Provide information workshops to all FDFN employees on new policies and procedures, performance management, new employee orientation, employee pension and benefits, etc.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the Chief and Council and the Band Manager.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources / Business Administration (or equivalent)
- CPHR (Certified Professionalism in Human Resources) designation is an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior experience in Human Resources, ideally in a First Nations environment
- Understanding of First Nations culture, Politically and Culturally sensitive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong judgement skills, problem-solving skills, coaching and mentoring skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
Interested applicants are invited to:
Email or fax your letter of application, resume, credentials, with 3 references (1 must be from your current or last employer) and a current RCMP Criminal Record Check to:
Flying Dust First Nation
Attn: Larena Deschamps, Human Resources
F: 306 236 3373
Deadline to apply: Jan. 21, 2022
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.