Tenant Housing Coordinator
Flying Dust First Nation Housing Division is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to provide efficient and accurate tenant housing administration operations. The Tenant Housing Coordinator reports to the Housing Manager and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services for 2 Housing Companies – The Flying Dust Housing Corporation and the Flying Dust CMHC Housing Program.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete a Tenant File for every unit, including all required documentation. ie: application, tenant agreement, move in/out, income declaration form ensuring all documents have been signed by both the tenant and the housing manager.Interview/Investigate all tenant information as provided by the tenant.
- Keep statistics on all clients/tenants assessed, for further housing requirements.
- Investigate disturbances and disputes with FDFN Security and the Community Safety Officer CSO.
- Prepare monthly reporting to the housing manager and Council.
- Move-In and move-Out inspections.
- Arrange for cleaning of units as tenants move out.
- Collect damage deposits, rent, service fees, late fees as required.
- Ensure new/past tenants transfer of utilities.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator with semi-annual fire drills at the senior units.
- Attend Housing Authority/Staff meetings as required.
- Collect monthly rent and service fees, provide an up to date report to the manager on late rent and fees.
- Issue tenants correspondence regarding any arrears owing monthly.
- Track renovations and related expenses using Ferris ASAP system (training provided)
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level.
- Ability to perform meticulous and accurate data entry and calculations.
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation.
- At all times treat all information acquired or created as strictly confidential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision demonstrating sound judgment and decision making skills to ensure quality of work meets expected standards.
- Possess good organization skills being skillful in prioritizing multiple demands.
- Must be self-directed, task and goal orientated.
- Must be respectful, honest and trustworthy.
- Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Must be flexible, and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Must have stress management skills, time management skills.
- Must be flexible enough to manage constant interruptions.
- 2 to 3 years experience in the tenancy field preferred.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Legislation.
- Understanding of and demonstrate proficiency in functioning within an integrated computerized account system ACCPAC and ASAP.
- All applicants MUST provide the following requirements:
- Cover Letter of Application
- Current up to date resume stating qualifications, and employment history
- Copies of Credentials and (3) Professional references (1) from last/current employer
Deadline to apply: June 25, 2021
To apply please email or fax your Letter of Application and Current Resume along with any supporting documentation you have available at the time of application.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: 1 (306) 236-3373