Front Desk Reception
The Flying Dust First Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Administration Division to provide key Reception Services. The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of FDFN administration. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, and scheduling appointments. The Receptionist will also be responsible for administering FDFN cheques as required.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written messages for staff members.
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence received over the counter.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- Maintain staff itinerary with proficiency ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office proficiency in MS Office programs, for when backup is required for the Files Clerk/Office Admin Support Manager.
- Polite verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Show job initiative and reliability
- Exceptional customer service orientation knowledge/familiarity of First Nations Cultures and Traditions an asset
- Organizing and planning and the ability to assist as required for special events
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with a high level of stress tolerance, as well as be able to work under minimal supervision, showing good judgment and flexibility
- Maintain high strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must be available to work out of normal working hours to accommodate community events.
- Grade 12 Diploma and or clerical certificate/diploma
- Must lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Must be a positive role model.
- Must maintain and support confidentiality and privacy limitations.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and values.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Must be punctual, dependable
All applicants MUST provide the following requirements:
- Cover Letter of Application
- Current up to date resume stating qualifications, and employment history
- Copies of Credentials and (3) Professional references (1) from last/current employer
Email, or fax your application to:
Flying Dust First Nation
8001 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE SK S9X 1T8 Fax: (306) 236-3373
Attn: Ann Caron Human Resource/Safety Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 26th 2021
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted