COOK/CUSTODIAN (Full-Time Split Shift Employment)
Flying Dust First Nation is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to provide Cook/Custodian duties under the supervision of the Daycare Coordinator. The Cook/Custodian provides food preparation and janitorial services. Their daily schedule is 8:00AM to 1:00PM then again 5:00PM to 8:00PM for a total of 8hr/day, Monday to Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of food preparation and service of food meets Flying Dust First Nation’s standards on a daily basis.
- Receive all food deliveries and ensure the quality of the food received is up to standards.
- Monitor and maintain accurate production/reporting records.
- Ensure all sanitation and safety standards are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure a high standards of freshness.
- Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible while adhering to menu specifications.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all vendors.
- Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Adhere to all Flying Dust First Nation Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- The Custodian, under the direction of (Childcare Coordinator), is responsible for ensuring the safe and effective cleaning of Flying Dust First Nation Daycare and its premises. He/she will be required to perform tasks such as vacuuming, dusting and disinfecting. The Janitor will be responsible for ensuring that his/her required tasks are completed thoroughly, on time, and with minimal supervision.
- Clean, ensuring proper disinfectant procedures/products are followed
- Clean areas, including waiting rooms, lobbies, office areas, play areas etc.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms including toilets, sinks mirrors and floors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed, remove trash and recycling daily
- Wash and buff floors with floor polisher, vacuum all carpeted areas
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Ensure compliance with WHMIS and any other required legislation regarding chemical products
- Complete logbooks as necessary
- Complete required training, including any required health and safety training
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Must have a passed RCMP Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Check
- One (1) year of previous custodial/janitorial experience preferred
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets, and will be provided and updated
- Must be self-directed, task and goal orientated.
- Must be honest and trustworthy, must be respectful, must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Make positive lifestyle choices, addictions free and a good role model
HOW TO APPLY
Please fax/email/mail us a cover letter along with a current resume including 3 references. One reference must be supervisory from your current/last employer. Also supply copies of your credentials and a copy of your current RCMP Records Check. We can accept a receipt stating your RCMP check has been ordered.
Flying Dust First Nation
Attn: Ann Caron Human Resources/Safety Manager
8001 Flying Dust Reserve MEADOW LAKE SK S9X 1T8
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 236-3373
Closing Date: March 19/2021
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted