Flying Dust First Nation FDB Fuels
has the following Full-time Position
Fuel Station Manager
Duties include will be performed with a consistently high focus on customer service:
- Establishes the overall vision and direction for the implementation of the internal operations of the fuel station.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made.
- Create, monitor and report on weekly and monthly key performance indicators.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing levels to meet requirements of the fuel station.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, termination, training and performance management of all fuel station staff in conjunction with the HR Division of FDFN.
- Manage the morale in the department by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the fuel station is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitments.
Analyzes and report on the daily, monthly and annually department’s key performance indicators and industry trends as related to fuel and confectionary sales.
- Submit GST and Tobacco Fuel Rebate information as required.
- Handle Customer enquiries and complaints which may be escalated.
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide staff information more quickly and easily as trends related to Customer Service.
- Measure and monitor key customer service areas for cleanliness.
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold. Orders stock and control inventory of confectionary/fuel.
- Review and use the monthly Profit and Loss statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan service and sales goals for peak sales weeks.
- Examine/determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance of staff towards customers.
Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Open and Close Fuel Station Daily
- Order lottery products and tickets as required.
- Change Fuel prices as required.
- Enter inventory received into point of sale system to insure inventory control and loss of merchandise.
- Print Lottery/Fuel/Till #1 & Till #2/Class Sales Summary/Debit/Phone Card Reports Daily.
- Daily Bank Deposits.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Post Secondary diploma or degree in a management field preferred, High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years previous management experience in an retail environment with proven leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of logistics, effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and positive team leading attitude.
All applicants MUST provide the following:
Letter of application, current up to date resume, 3 work related references (1) from current or last employer, a photocopy of education, a current copy of an RCMP Criminal Records Check (available from your local RCMP)
Please email or fax your letter of application and current resume along with any supporting documentation you have available at the time of application. Deadline for applications is Jan. 8, 2021.
FAX: 1 (306) 236-3373
Selection Procedure: Your eligibility to be considered for this position will be based on the information in your resume. Accordingly, you must clearly specify and clarify the qualifications and education you have that match what is required. Please ensure that you provide supervisory references and their contact information.