FULL TIME CONTRACT POSITION
Flying Dust First Nation (FDFN) is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to serve, support and address student needs in education and employment.
The Academic/Career Coach will bring with them an understanding of the diverse needs and strengths of students and support them so they can be successful in education, employment and community endeavors. This position will foster a positive connection between student, home and the school community.
REQUIRED SKILLS & DUTIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Facilitate the relationship between the home and school environment for students and families to encourage regular school attendance and support student achievement
- Establish a network with local high schools, service providers and community agencies (local, regional, provincial) to provide services, programs and opportunities for students.
- • Perform regular consultation with students, school staff and other professionals regarding various student issues and concerns
- Development and implementation of programs and initiatives that will contribute to overall student success with a strong focus on attendance
- Provide tutoring, educational resources and career counseling that will assist students in obtaining proper credits that will support their career choice
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software as associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Develop a student database for student records that includes (but not limited to) student attendance, credit attainment, student case plans and any other documentation that will contribute to overall student success
- Complete job description will be provided to successful candidate.
- Grade 12 Diploma. Preference will be given to any applicant with post-secondary education in the Human Services field.
- Minimum of 2 years working with students in an education setting
- Must lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Strong planning, organizing and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and values.
- Valid class 5 license and own a reliable vehicle
All applicants MUST provide the following requirements:
- Letter of Application
- Current resume stating qualifications, employment history and (3) professional references (1) being from last/current employer
- Current (CPIC) from your local RCMP Detachment (will accept a copy of the receipt awaiting the check)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: October 9, 2020
Selection Procedure: Your eligibility to be considered for this position will be based on the information in your resume. Accordingly, you must clearly specify and clarify the qualifications and education you have that match what is required. Please ensure that you provide Supervisory references and their contact information.