The Principal is responsible for the overall administration and operation of the school in a manner consistent with local policies and provincial guidelines. Further, the Principal/ Behavior Modification Teacher oversees the implementation of the educational programs and the development of the School Plan and is responsible for the educational welfare of students and supervision of school staff.
Kopahawakenum Elementary School (K-8), on the Flying Dust First Nation near Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan requires a Principal. The position will commence fall of 2020.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor of Education. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree in Education. Leadership, previous administration experience, strong involvement in community programs and land based teaching would be an asset. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must lead a healthy lifestyle
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of First Nation content and culture
- Classroom behavior support
- Strategies in assisting teachers/EAs with students who have a wide range of physical, cognitive, social and emotional differences
- Able to assist teachers/EAs with professional and ethical classroom practices
- Strong knowledge of Child and adolescent development
- Must have and/or learn Land Based Teaching and community outreach skills
All applicants must possess and provide the following requirements:
- Letter of Application
- Current resume stating qualifications, and employment history
- Copies of Credentials
- Current, Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information with the Results of Vulnerable Sector Check (CPIC) from your local RCMP Detachment
- (3) Professional references (1) from last/current employer
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday June 25th 2020
TO APPLY: Please email or fax your Letter of Application and Current Resume along with any supporting documentation you have available at the time of application.
FAX: 1 (306) 236-3373
Selection Procedure: Your eligibility to be considered for this position will be based on the information in your resume. Accordingly, you must clearly specify and clarify the qualification you have that match the qualification required. Please ensure that you provide Supervisory references and their contact information.